Rapunzel Inspired Long Wedding Hair ♥
Oh be still my Tangled heart! ♥
Today’s uber-fabulous bridal editorial inspired by the film, Tangled (a modern take on the ultimate long-haired fairytale, Rapunzel), is an absolute stunner! It’s also probably the ultimate take on long hairstyles for spring weddings.
Brought to you from behind the lens of talented and highly creative photographer, Debbie Lourens Photography, it’s a magical fantasy shoot in shades of blush, pink, gold and cerise – pretty much the stuff that fairy tales are made of. Your screen is about to burst forth with deliciously frilly, frothy, and sparkly pink gowns designed by Alana van Heerden Bridal Design, paired with subtle, soft make-up and the most romantic, Rapunzel-worthy long wedding locks, styled by Fringe Hair and Make-up.
The bridal flower crown made from blushing brides and pink carnations is so eye catching it’s almost reminiscent of a floral Ushanka, and the cascading bouquet made of lilies and tulips, created by Paramithi flowers and Decor, is the perfect floral arrangement for this shoot. What a delightful look for a spring or delicate summer wedding!
Long Hairstyles for Spring Weddings
Rapunzel-Inspired Long Hairstyles for Spring Weddings
Debbie shares the team’s inspiration behind the Rapunzel-inspired wedding shoot:
“We wanted to incorporate fun and flirty elements into the bridal style, starting with long, messy braids and ‘bed hair’ combined with an elaborate crown, cascade bouquet and oh-so-flirty layered dresses.
The bouquet and floral crown were created in shades of pinks, cream and cerise, using mostly seasonal and spring flowers. Alana’s romantic and beautifully detailed dress designs were perfect for adding that fairy-tale element. We wanted the make-up and hair to be flirty but subtle to keep Rapunzel’s look flirty and fresh.”
Recreating the Rapunzel-Inspired Spring Wedding look:
- Perfect for a spring or summer wedding, go for blushing colours with pops of pink and gold.
- Weave your chosen colour palette throughout all bridal elements and accessories – from bouquet, to flower crown, to gown, and make-up.
- With make-up keep it simple and fresh to give that youthful blushing bride appearance.
- Long, healthy wedding locks are a must! Make sure you trim and treat your hair regularly in the months leading up to your wedding day.
- Don’t be afraid to incorporate shades of blush and pink or even pops of sparkle into your gown’s fabric
- Say yes to frilly, frothy, whimsical bridal gown designs with playful cuts and fabrics
♥ ♥ ♥ Vendor Credits ♥ ♥ ♥
If you’re in love with Debbie’s work like we are, we have loads more here! You should also have a look at the delicately dreamy gown designed by Alana van Heerden in this organic, earthy wedding at Kaleo manor shot by Jenni Elizabeth photography here.
A big thanks to the vendors involved in creating this beautifully styled session for ending our week off in style!