With so many newly engaged readers (oh hey – congrats you!) we know that searching for THE DRESS is high priority right now! Finding your dream wedding dress can be loads of fun, but stressful, too. Rentia Geldenhuys, owner of Blush Bridal , a Cape Town-based bridal boutique, knows that the dress shopping experience can sometimes be tough for a newly engaged bride-to-be.
Top Tips for Finding Your Dream Wedding Dress
We had the chance to catch up with Rentia who shared some very useful wedding planning advice with us: her five top tips for making the most of the wedding dress shopping experience. Read on to learn how to avoid unneeded wedding dress shopping stress.
5 Tips for Stress Free Wedding Dress Shopping
- Start shopping early! Most boutiques require a bride to order her dress at least three months before the wedding. Don’t be rushed in your decision because you started too late
- Don’t invite too many people to your fittings. Keep it personal with perhaps just your mom and one or two bridesmaids. Deciding on a wedding dress is hard enough as it is. Don’t make it harder by accommodating too many opinions.
- Don’t be afraid to ask lots of questions at the fitting! Be sure to ask your consultant whatever it is you would like to know. Whether you ask about the ordering process or the dress, make sure you are informed. You are paying for their time and expertise, so get value for money.
- Know that it’s okay to take your time making a decision. Buying your wedding dress is not something you should do on a whim. If you are not sure about your choice, take some time to think about it. You can always go back for a second fitting.
- Be open to suggestions. Consultants may have invaluable experience that can really benefit the appointment. Most brides that start out dress shopping with set ideas end up choosing something they never anticipated.
♥♥♥ CREDITS ♥♥♥
- Learn how to choose the best wedding dress for your body type
- 13 tips for buying a vintage wedding dress
- How to choose a wedding veil which suits your gown
- 10 things your wedding planner probably wished you knew
- See new, gorgeous wedding dress designs
Have you started wedding dress shopping yet? Do you have any tips for other brides on finding the dress you’ve always dreamed about? Let us know in the comments below! xox