How we adore the idea of exchanging vows outdoors in a forest or garden, against the backdrop of a giant floral wedding ceremony wreath! Today, Nicola Bester Photography has teamed up with Blank Canvas Event Design and Blomstories Floral Designer at Solms Delta in the Cape Winelands to bring us some flower-filled wedding ceremony ideas!
“The inspiration behind the shoot was the ceremony,” shares Nicola. “This is the most important part of the wedding, which can so often be brushed aside when planning the decor and theme! We wanted to showcase where everything starts and because of the importance of this part of the wedding we decided to create a theme around romance, building the giant floral wedding ceremony wreath from there.”
The shoot featured two gowns from Cindy Bam – the first with a blush lining, French Chantilly lace, a dropped waist and full tulle skirt. This style dress is ideal for a tall bride. The second, a ball gown, was created for the princess bride who wants a romantic wedding. It’s bodice is hand beaded in rhinestones, pearl and crystals.
Marli Basson Professional Hair and Makeup Artist opted for a very natural and romantic look for this shoot. “I used shades of gold and copper, and a natural rusty brown on the eyes. I kept it very dewy and soft, using no dramatic eyeliners or heavy contouring. A soft shade of peach and gold on the cheeks completed the look.”
How to recreate this look for your outdoor wedding ceremony:
- Styling: The romantic look is all about layers, textures and lace. Small details and abundant florals to complement the giant floral wedding ceremony wreath. When styling a romantic wedding or event, use soft flowers and colours, but don’t be afraid to add pops of brighter hues to create dimension. A romantic wedding doesn’t necessarily have to be in shades of white or pastel colours.
- Location: When we started planning this shoot, we knew that the venue/ surroundings we chose would have a major impact on the overall look/ feel of the shoot. The forests and of Solms Delta provided the perfect “Secret Garden” look for the shoot and made everything else fall in place perfectly. We also chose suppliers who we knew would be able to carry through the theme in their work in order to complete the picture.
Giant Floral Wedding Ceremony Wreath
Wedding Service Providers:
- Photographer: Nicola Bester Photography
- Concept & Styling: Blank Canvas Event Design
- Hair and Makeup: Marli Basson Professional Hair and Makeup Artist
- Floral Decor: Blomstories Floral Designer
- Venue: Solms Delta
- Stationery: Lezanne’s Designs
- Groom’s Suit: Moi Styling
- Bowties: My Bro Tie
- Gowns: Cindy Bam Couch: Goeters