We’re off to the glorious West Coast of Cape Town, South Africa today for Sonje Ludwick Photography and Megan Verburg of La Bella Vita’s take on Greek glory! Their royal blue, gold and white Grecian-inspired wedding inspiration session was set at On the Rocks, in Bloubergstrand, a popular spot in the West Coast.
Sonje Ludwick made use of glorious natural light to capture some of the true beauty of Cape Town’s West Coast. Megan Verburg La Bella Vita explains: “We wanted to create a Greek inspired setting right here in South-Africa. We drew inspiration from classic Grecian colours – royal blue, white and touches of gold. Working with Styling By MO, Koek-A-Raasie Cakes and Letterlove Design we incorporated greek elements into the beach wedding table decor and floral styling.”
The Flower Place included lots of rosemary, eucalyptus leaves, white chrysanthemum and blue delphiniums: “I used what was in season and readily available and chose those flowers for their particular characters. We used baby’s breath to bring in a soft feel and some jasmine for effect.”
Hair and make up stylistsMegan Verburg and Roxanne van Riet also created several soft, romantic looks for the models to bring out the Grecian goddess within each!
Royal Blue, Gold + White Grecian-Inspired Wedding Ideas
Wedding Service Providers:
- Photographer: Sonje Ludwick Photography
- Wedding Planner: Megan Verburg La Bella Vita
- Venue: On the Rocks Restaurant, Bloubergstrand
- Decor Styling: Styling By MO
- Flowers: The Flower Place
- Wedding Cake Koek-A-Raasie Cakes
- Stationary: Letterlove Design
- Hair & Make-up: Roxanne van Riet Make up Artist & Hairstylist
- Hair & Make-up: Megan Verburg Kaleidoscope Make up and Hair styling
- Model Dark Hair: Leanne Steyn-Begley
- Model Blond Hair: Lulu De Bruin
Leidy & Josh says
The model looks absolutely gorgeous; y’all used the natural light exceptionally well. We also love the blue, white, and gold accents throughout the photos as well. They all pop throughout the photography!