Welcome to the first part of our sweet and oh-so-simple to create Lavender Mint & White DIY wedding flower tutorial series! If you’ve been daydreams of all things lovely and lavender for your purple wedding, this series is for you!
Today we’ll be demonstrating just how easy it is to create a cute lavender, mint and white DIY wedding boutonniere for you man. (And make sure you check out our awesomely detailed, totally in-depth purple wedding flower name guide, too. It’s got pics!)
Simple Lavender Mint & White DIY Boutonniere Tutorial
For our DIY lavender, mint and white boutonniere we’ll be working with purple Ocean Song Roses, white Lisianthus, Queen Anne’s Lace and Dusty Miller greens. All of these flowers can be delivered straight to your door when purchased online from our bulk floral friend and sponsor, Blooms By The Box here. They come in bulk, which means you can purchase enough blooms to make bouts for the groomsmen and page boys or ring bearers, too. YAAAAS!
Lavender Mint & White DIY Boutonniere Supplies
To create this gorgeous boutonniere for your groom, here’s what you need:
1 x Ocean Song Rose
1 x Lisianthus
1 x Small piece from a stem of Dusty Miller
1 x Small piece from a stem of Queen Anne’s Lace
1 x Floral Scissors
Some Floral Tape
Some Floral Glue
Lavender Mint & White DIY Boutonniere
Lavender Mint & White DIY Boutonniere Instructions
- Cut down stems of blooms and greenery. We used 1 Ocean Song Rose and plucked off a small leaf from a stem of dusty miller.
- Wrap floral tape around base of their stems to hold in place.
- Add a secondary flower, we chose white lisianthus for it’s delicate texture.
- Wrap floral tape around all the stems to hold in place
- Add a small piece of filler, we pruned a stem of queen anne’s lace so that it wouldn’t overwhelm the other flowers. Wrap it with more floral tape to create 1 smooth “stem”
- Pick the perfect piece of ribbon for your lavender, mint and white DIY boutonniere and cover the floral tape, securing it with floral glue.
- Pin your boutonniere to a lapel using decorative pins!
Remember to check the rest of the series – we’ve got a matching DIY wedding bouquet and DIY wedding centerpiece coming your way.
Check out more wedding flower guides and DIY tutorials
- Learn how to make these stunning DIY Gold and Glitter Vases (tutorial)
- Download this free To My Gorgeous Groom Card Printable
- Purple Wedding Flower Names and Seasons
- The Essential White Wedding Flowers Guide: Types of White Flowers, Names, Seasons + Pics
- Learn how to create a DIY hand tied garden bouquet
- See how to make an easy babys breath boutonniere
- Guide to wedding flowers by color + season with flower names & pics
- Get flower names + recipes for bouquets and centerpieces