Looking for affordable wedding flowers on a budget? You’re in luck! Today we’re bringing you a look at 12 of the most budget-friendly wedding blooms to help you make the most of your wedding budget. You’ll also want to check out this list of the 15 most durable wedding flowers for DIY weddings, and learn how to save on wedding flowers with these 15 brilliant hacks!
We’ve teamed up with our friends (and sponsor) Blooms by the Box who share 12 of the most affordable wedding blooms for stretching your budget!
The Most Affordable Wedding Flowers on A Budget
- Carnations– These budget-friendly wedding flowers are terrific for anyone trying to stretch their resources! They are long-lasting focal flowers that come in a huge selection of color variety. They work flawlessly in bouquets and centerpieces and are available throughout the entire calendar year!
- Mums– Mums such as pompon buttons, daisies, and cushions are long-lasting and very hardy blooms – ideal wedding flowers on a budget. They can be used in wildflower assortments or paired with classic blooms. Mums have long been associated with fall but don’t be afraid to experiment and design using them throughout the year!
- Babys Breath– Also known as Gypsophila, baby’s breath is the most popular filler for DIY brides mainly because of its versatility. A little bit goes a long way, making it a budget wedding flower that adds a whimsical flair to any design. Pair baby’s breath with roses, carnations, or just about any flower. Fill buckets and mason jars with baby’s breath for the perfect centerpiece or aisle arrangement.
- Mini Carnations– These miniature versions of their larger counterparts are the perfect wedding flowers on a budget! They boast multiple blooms per stem, roughly 3-5 blooms to be exact! This means, in the long run, you can use fewer blooms per arrangement. With their huge color variety, mini carnations make a great secondary flower.
- Wax Flower– An extremely unique filler, Wax Flowers have small blooms with evergreen-like foliage. They are whispy yet full of volume. Use Wax Flower to fill centerpieces or to add texture and girth to any bouquet.
- Statice– Another fantastic filler to stretch your wedding flowers on a budget. Its blooms have a tissue paper feel to them. These add interesting shape and texture to arrangements. A full bunch will go a long way and make any floral arrangement pop with color.
- Alstroemeria– Add a hint of tropical into your DIY floral designs! Also known as Peruvian lilies, Alstroemeria has multiple blooms per stem making this an affordable option. With a huge range of colors, this flower is the perfect choice for any DIY bride!
- Hypericum Berries– This filler adds a unique texture and depth that typical flowers and greens do not. They come in a variety of colors sure to please many brides. Multiple berries per stem make this product quite cost-effective when filling centerpieces and bouquets. Pair these berries together with spray roses and greens such as eucalyptus in boutonnieres and corsages.
- Leather Leaf Fern or Eucalyptus Greens – Greenery is the most cost-effective option for adding that hint of foliage into your floral arrangements.Leather leaf fern typically has 12 stems per bunch and pairs exceptionally well with roses and baby’s breath. Add to bouquets, centerpieces, and corsage designs.
MORE TO READ:
28 genius wedding saving tips your guests will never notice
- Tulips– The quintessential spring bloom! This flower is perfect for Mother’s Day and Easter. The flowers typically come with 10 stems per bunch and are readily available throughout the year from Holland. An interesting fact about tulips is that they keep growing even after being cut!
- Roses– Available in different sizes and colors these are the most popular flower for wedding design. These classic beauties have a long vase life of up to 12 days. They can be used best in bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages. They are available all year long as well, making them an excellent choice for any DIY bride seeking wedding flowers on a budget!
- Monte Casino Asters– This wildflower resembles small daisies. They are the perfect secondary or filler flower with many small blooms per stem. Mix these flowers with tulips and larger daisies for a spring meadow feel.
All of these wedding flowers are available to purchase online, from bulk online floral supplier and sponsor, Blooms By The Box here.
- The Ultimate DIY Wedding Flower Checklist (Printable)
- 45+ Creative Wedding Greenery Ideas That Will Rock Your World
- 10 Mistakes Couples Make with DIY Wedding Flowers