(Above) A glitter kiss and a wedding party smooch, captured by Izelle Photography.
Crazy, Sweet & Super Cute Wedding Day Poses
Apart from your glorious wedding dress, if there’s one thing not to overlook on your wedding day, it has got to be your wedding photos! They are what you will have to treasure many years long after the wedding bells have stopped ringing!
To spice up some of the traditional wedding photo shots, be inspired to capture your moments, emotions and the atmosphere of your special day in a unique way. Whether candid or posed, here are a few ideas for those must-capture moments!
(Make sure you check out these photo ideas for your bridal party, too!)
♥ ♥ ♥
Fun Photo Prop Wedding Photo Ideas
Photo props come in all shapes and sizes. Best prepared in advance to capture specific shots, you can have a blast improvising with different shots!
Above: Hands and hearts make for a perfectly romantic wedding photograph as captured by Damor Photography, seen here.
If this feature inspires you to purchase one of these beautiful items we’ll get a small percentage of the sale for sharing them with you. Thank you so much for supporting our content!
(Above) Proclaim your newly wed status as bride and groom! Use these gold geometric Bride and Groom signs, laser cut in a beautiful calligraphy script font. When you’re done using them for your wedding photo ideas, use them as wedding chair signs at your reception. So smart! Buy them ready made here.
See 21 more fun mr and mrs signs here
they can double as photo props!
Above: Just Married wedding parasol photo idea captured by Red Bloom Photography here.
Click for 30 amazing wedding photographs tips
Above Left: How clever! This darling couple had his and her custom portraits drawn and then used them as photo props during their wedding photo session. Taken by Laura Goldenberger as seen here. // Above Right: Happily Ever After signs on the wall make the perfect wedding photo idea. Captured by Skyla Watson Photography .
(Above) This wedding photo idea shows exactly what kind of love you dream of – the kind of love that lasts for infinity! This wedding photo prop also doubles up as a cute wedding chair sign. You can order it online in your choice of color here.
Read this advice for selecting a wedding photographer
(Above) Looking for a wedding photo idea that describes life as newly weds? These better together wedding photo props and chair signs have got your back 😉 Check them out here!
Click here for 10 awesome wedding chair signs and covers!
Above Right : These just Married his and hers glasses make such a fun wedding photo idea! Captured by Peterson Design & Photography. // (Above Left) Scratch out some of your folks’s old wedding photos and use them as a photo prop. So vintage! We just love how this adorable couple did the same thing in their wedding too! Claire Thomson Photography via Confetti Daydreams
Above: Using a DIY vintage chalkboard as a prop is a cute way to include a few custom messages for your guests and photo album. Captured by Peterson Design & Photography.
(Above left) It’s official, you’re now Mr and Mrs! Display these signs on your chairs and use them for your wedding photo couple shoot too! (Above Right) Thank You wedding photo idea: Create a beautiful wedding thank you card by making sure you snap a clever pic using a gorgeous calligraphy script thank you sign like this on your wedding day.
(Above Left) Jump for joy as you hit the jackpot of love as seen in this sweet snap captured by Morgan Slade Photography via ConfettiDaydreams.com // (Above right) Have some Polaroids shot on your wedding and then use them as wedding photo props! Pic by Morgan Slade Photography.
(Above) Include your your furbaby in your wedding photographs to have a super special puppy licious keepsake too! Photographed by Emily Katharine Photography as seen here.
(Above) An ever fave wedding photo idea: his and her Thank You signs that can be used for your wedding thank you cards after the special day. Photographed by Louise Vorster as seen here.
(Check out these 24 engagement photo poses and ideas too!)
Cute Kissing & Holding Wedding Photo Ideas
(Above Left) Close your eyes and pucker up for these romantic kissing and holding photos! Whether spontaneous or posed, they are still so sweet! This sweet wedding photo idea by is a fun way to get your bridal party involved! Shot by Izelle Labuschagne via Confetti Daydreams. (Above Right) Kiss the sky as love and sparkles fill the air using confetti, glitter or even feathers! Shot by Izelle Labuschagne via Confetti Daydreams.
(Grab our wedding photography checklist for all your wedding photo ideas!)
(Above Left) Sweet! This romantic photo idea seen on Confetti Daydreams, captured by Ginger Ale Photography is truly a shared moment of dreamy intimacy captured between bride and groom. (Above Right) Amazing golden light is just what this amazing gorgeous couple needed for a totally dreamy wedding photograph, captured by Charlene Schreuder Photography here.
(Above) A vintage wedding photo idea if there ever was one! Take a page out of this couple’s book and lie amidst a pile of pages strewn around a fall forest. Photographed by Louise Vorster Photography as seen here.
(Above Left) Captured a dreamy and secretive smooch beneath your beautiful veil just like Courtney and Chris did in this pic captured by Just a Dream Photography. (Above Right) A look of love snapped beneath a halo of golden leaves during the fall, as captured by Chloe Luka Photography here.
(Above) Get swept off your feet by the love of your life and disappear into the sunset. This dreamy forest shoot captured by Louise Vorster Photography as seen here.
Looking for more wedding photo ideas?
- Available from Our Hobby to Your Home on Etsy, this “I do” wedding photo idea is a perfectly romantic way to end off your wedding day.
- First look from behind the door…this is so cute! Captured by Brandon Werth Photography via Emmaline Bride, be inspired to play around with not seeing your groom before the wedding!
- These 22 Wedding Photo poses and Ideas are from some of our fave real weddings
- These fun 21 Wedding Photo Ideas for your bridal party are too cute
- You absolutely have to check out these 30 Totally Fun Wedding Photo Poses for your wedding party
- This quirky Polaroid photo stand idea from Brooke Kelly Photography is super fun! Or how about a shot with your gorgeous wedding shoes taken by photographer, Sara Ossana via Aphrodite’s Wedding Blog.
- Spotted on Tiffany Hemsath Photography this striking hand holding idea is a great way to symbolise your journey ahead together as a newly married couple.
- Cheer them on! Have your wedding party and guests cheer you on as you share a kiss! The pic captured by Morgan Taylor Keeney via Eisy Morgan, this is one of those shots that makes your heart beat faster!
- Hands Heart: Captured by At Rivers Edge Photography, create this romantic pic with your loved one! (Below Right)
- Give them the finger! From Cherry Thomas Photo, this super fun and cheeky photo is definitely one to try for all those couples wanting to have a few fun shots after their photographer has captured the traditional shots.
- This photo frames on the wall idea from Matt Shumate Photography via Wedding Chicks, is a unique way to share a wedding kiss
- Stop traffic with this dramatic street photo idea! Taken by photographer Kelly Niemann via the Digital Photography School, it’s a modern take on a romantic portrait of the bridal couple.
- Use your folks wedding pictures this couple photographed by Ana Lui Photography via Fly Away Bride via Aphrodite’s Wedding Blog
- Grab an ampersand sign and get smooching as seen on Wedding Chicks. This cool picture is taken by Sweet Monday Photography is adorable!
- This romantic wedding photo from Bridal Guide and taken by photographer, Rebekah J. Murray Photography preserves the adoration and care shared between the newlyweds
- We love this photograph of a bride holding a cheeky sign intended for her groom! Taken by Richard Israel Photography via Style Me Pretty
- Wedding Chicks shows us photographer Justin Wright‘s amazing shot of a bride holding her mum’s wedding day photo. This is definitely a keepsake that will be treasured by generations to come.
- Recreate this “Thank You” photo wedding idea using these props from Wedology.
- Take them in frame! Taken by Renaissance Studios and seen on Bridal guide, this family wedding photo idea includes a frame as photo prop.
- Photographer Anjuli via Bridal Guide, shows us one of the most romantic wedding day kisses of all time.
- This vintage photo captured by Three Nails Photography via Style Me Pretty captures the sweetness and romance in the perfect surroundings.
Taking inspiration from our collection of photo ideas and working closely with your photographer to get the shots that you want, we are sure that your wedding day will go off without a hitch! To recreate your own shots, our downloadable 22 DIY Photobooth Props for your Wedding Photo Booth is a great treat to take along for unique photo props on your wedding day!
SEE MORE WEDDING PHOTO IDEAS HERE
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting our content!
Caitlyn Arick says
Ashley, thought you might enjoy this.
Bailey Hulett says
Eva Poole Made me think of you:) Love the one where they are 'ring fingering' the camera;).
Terry Taylor says
Love looking for fresh ideas to do my daughters wedding scrapbook. Love the kids holding up the picture frame with the couple in the back. I love all of them. lol The couple coming out of the frames on the wall was really great idea.
Eric Tran-Photography says
Awesome collections 🙂
Maryke Koen says
Ssemakula Johnson says
This is pretty good!
Laura Tomas says
i really love the creativity here which is playful but romantic 😀
Veronica Velazquez says
All of these wedding photo ideas are UH-MAZ-ING! I can tell you (just from personal experience – I've been wedding planning for about 12 years now),… hands down the best source to find wierd, unique and inspirational wedding pictures (that you can then use as an example to share with your hired photographer), is weddingpins.net. Didn;t even know it existed until 4 years ago. It's like every wedding planner's dirty little secret. I don't even go on Pinterest anymore, I just go there and browse until I find a shot or a theme that I know my client will love and then send them the links (or they just sign up themselves and we pin the ideas back and forth). just FYI – for anyone looking for an easy resource… later! Besos!
Hayati Zulkifli says
Really love this!
Philani Zuma CF says
very creative ideas
R K Bongo Natty says
Tieng Lung Wong says
Emma | Emmaline Bride says
Cute poses! Great round-up.
Long Live Love!!!