Style your girls to chic, bohemian-bridesmaid perfection! Today South African wedding designer Jacoba Clothing shows us how to mix and match bridesmaid gowns with sophisticated, but free-spirited accessories. “Bohemian wedding chic has been one of the most popular wedding styles for the last season and is expected to be even more popular for the next season,” shares Jacoba Clothing.
Chic Bohemian Colours: To style your bridesmaids with a chic, sophisticated take on the “free spirited” bohemian vibe, choose earthy pastel colours. Think mushroom, blush and sand, which create a soft ethereal look.
Boho Chic Dress Styles (for all body types):
- A V-neck combined with soft mesh sleeves, such as on Jacoba clothing’s “Meryl” dress is perfect to cover up arms while the neckline saves it from looking too conservative.
- An illusion neckline, as can been seen in the “Julia” dress, creates a soft but sexy feel, especially with the delicate flutter sleeves.
- A classic cut can be cleverly accessorized. For example, although the “Nina” dress with it’s low V in the back and front is a really classic cut, adding ties to the shoulders gave it a Boho edge.
Bohemian Chic Florals + Accessories:
- Florals trailing down over the shoulder make a spectacular alternative to a traditional bridesmaid bouquet, especially to create a dramatic feel to a more simplistic dress. This gorgeous statement shoulder bouquet by Flowers in the Foyer includes phalaenopsis orchids, green amaryntis and silver leaf, making for a flowy floral shoulder piece. Roses complement the softness of the dress and add boldness to the piece
- Stacked up bracelets and hand chains well with the boho wedding. “Go wild here!” says Romeo Foxtrot.
- Boho tribal earrings are edgy and gorgeous. One long earring that flows and gets lost in your loose locks makes a statement!
Gorgeously Chic Bohemian Bridesmaid Dresses
The best part for South African brides? All of these gorgeous bridesmaid gowns can be ordered online from Jacoba Clothing! Brides based in Cape Town can head on over to Jacoba’s boutique in Gardens, where gowns can also be tried on in person. Because these chic bridesmaid dresses are part of Jacoba Clothing’s bridal party range, which includes beautiful gowns for all women, bring mom along to try on something too!
Wedding Supplier Contacts
Dresses: Jacoba Clothing: The Meryl bridesmaid dress, the Julia bridesmaid dress, and the Nina bridesmaid dress.
Photographer: Samantha Clifton
Accessories: Romeo Foxtrot
Flowers: Flowers in the Foyer
Hair- and Make-Up: Marnel Toerien
Venue: De Meye
Planning and Coordination: Inkt