Relaxed Houston Elegance ♥
High school sweethearts, Ashley and Nick, planned a fun summer coral and gray wedding at Houston’s stunning Texas-style venue, Briscoe Manor. The pair exchanged vows in a light-filled Austin stone Briscoe Chapel, against the backdrop of a creative ribbon wall designed by florist, Dream Bouquet. With summer bouquets of white hydrangea, peach roses and coral gerbera, cute coral bridesmaid dresses and one chic bride, the day certainly lived up to the couple’s vision of a simple, but elegant coral and gray wedding. We adore these photographs from Luke and Cat Photography!
“Nick and I knew that we wanted to have an elegant wedding, with a simple twist to match our personalities,” shares the beautiful bride, Ashley. “We used grays, coral, and cream throughout. Nick was very helpful during our wedding planning and we really did everything we could to make the day ours. From the music to the food, every choice we made included things we loved.”
Coral & Gray Wedding
Coral & Gray Wedding
Love Story: Nick and I met in middle school, but did not really cross each other’s radar until sophomore year in high school. We had a few classes together and after lots of flirting, dates, and waiting until we were 16, Nick and I started dating. We went to college together at Texas A&M University. The day we become engaged was a day I will always remember. I am a teacher and Nick arranged with my principal for a surprise proposal. I walked in from observing another teacher and Nick had my students holding signs that said, Ashley, will you marry me? I immediately said yes! Once I scanned the room, I saw that he had my best friends and family members all there to witness our happy day!
Bride style: I went with a mermaid, fitted, lace dress. It was very easy to dance in. My seamstress also took a piece of my mom’s wedding dress and sowed it into mine! Taylor did a fabulous job on my hair and make up. I knew that I wanted an updo and headed to Pinterest for inspiration. I ended up combining two hair styles I came across to complete mine.
Bouquet: I knew I wanted hydrangeas and gerbera daises. My florists went above my expectations and my bouquet was breathtaking!
Bridal Party Style: The bridesmaids all chose a lace dress that fit their personality. Their bouquets had several white flowers with pops of coral. The groomsmen all wore gray suits. We also wanted them to feel comfortable, so I was not particular about the shade of gray!
Groom style: Nick wore a gray suit from Jos A Bank.
Wedding Ceremony Playlist:
- Seating of the family: Make You Feel My Love, Adele
- Entrance of pastor, groom, groomsmen, bridal party: A Thousand Years, our friends
- Processional of bride: Cannon in D, Pachelbel
- Unity Candle: How Great Thou Art, The Piano Guys
- Recessional: Best Day of My Life, American Authors
Wedding Reception: “After the ceremony, our guests enjoyed heavy appetizers and cocktails in the evening shade of the Amy’s Courtyard at Briscoe Manor under the twinkle of bistro lights and alongside the trickling water of nearby fountains before heading to the ballroom for drinks and dancing,” shares Luke and Cat Photography. “As an added treat, there was also a ‘brownie bar’ where guests could make their own brownie with tasty toppings. Since Ashley and Nick both attended Texas A&M together, as is Aggie tradition, their fellow Texas A&M former students joined them in linking arms together and singing the Aggie War Hymn at the end of the night.”
Wedding Planning Advice:
- Soak it in. I think that the biggest lesson I learned was that you don’t get this experience back. When it comes down to it, nothing matters except marrying your best friend. I wish I would of stressed less and enjoyed planning the best day of my life with my family and friends.
- See the groom! Nick and I arranged to eat in a separate room while our guests had cocktail hour, as had I heard several times from friends that they barely saw the groom at the reception. Then, while our guests were waiting on dinner, we were able to mingle and visit with them.
- More is less. No one remembers whether or not their were chair covers on your chairs or chargers under their plates!
- We ordered all of our save the dates and invitations on Etsy!
- Create a budget and pick and choose what you want to splurge on.
Stand Out Vendors:
Our photographers, Luke and Cat, went above and beyond from the minute we met them. They sent us the sweetest notes and gifts throughout the planning process! We would hire them a thousand times over!
♥ ♥ ♥ CREDITS ♥ ♥ ♥
Bridesmaid Dresses & Suits Something Blue // Venue & Planner Briscoe Manor // Photographer Luke and Cat Photography // Dress Brickhouse Bridal // Brides Hair & Make-Up Taylor Judd // Flowers & Decor Dream Bouquet // Cake Bessie’s Bakery