Old as time, fresh as cake!
DIY Vintage Cake Tips
♥ ♥ ♥
According to our panel of vintage wedding experts featured in our free Wedding Magazine & Bridal Guide – The Vintage Edition, there are so many ways in which you can easily add a touch of vintage inspiration to your wedding cake.
Lucky for us vintage fans, they have shared a few of their secret wedding cake decor tips to show you how to carry a vintage style from the rest of your wedding to your wedding cake.
Eat up these 8 DIY vintage cake tips to use in adorning and decorating your wedding cake into a tasty vintage treat!
Vintage Cake Lace Off-Cuts & Transfer(Above Left) Wedding Cake with Pearls and Navy Lace & Ribbon Design | Styled by: Sharon Wee Cakes | (Above Right) Vintage Style Wedding Cake with a ribbon and lace trim, a ribbon bow and brooch | Styled by: Couture Cupcakes
- Lace off-cuts - Use an actual lace off-cut from your wedding dress or invitation – Sharon Wee Creations, Australia
- Lace transfer - Transfer the lace pattern onto your wedding cake by using a variety of piping techniques or make moulds of the lace elements of your wedding dress and use it to create sugar paste pieces of lace with which to decorate your wedding cake – Lepetit Four, South Africa
Vintage Cake Buttons, Pearls, Wood & Wire(Above Left) Wedding Cake with edible Button Decor | Styled by: BB Sweets Love | (Above Right) Mini Pearl Wedding Cake with Pearl and Floral Decoration | Styled by: Gigi’s Cupcakes
- Buttons in all shapes, sizes and colours - Buttons can create fun and texture, whether placed strategically on a wedding cake, cupcakes or on sugar biscuits – Lepetit Four, South Africa
- Adorn with pearls, wood and wire - Incorporate strings of pearls, wood or wire hearts and lace-work into your wedding cake design – Vanilla House, South Africa
Vintage Cake Designs & Cake Colours(Above) Very Vintage Cake and Dessert Table | Styled by: KC Classic Cakes | Shot by: Alea Lovely Photography
- Mix vintage designs and colours - A mixture of beautiful vintage crockery, china, cake stands, pearls, brooches and hat boxes will transform a simple cake table into a vintage wonderland – Barney’s Bakery, UK
- Use muted colours - A soft colour spectrum of duck-egg blue and ivory or pastel pinks and greens are perfect to add a softer vintage-feel to your wedding cake – Vanilla House, South Africa
Vintage Cake Toppers & Cake Accents(Above Left) Vintage Brooch Wedding Cake | Shot by: Aubrey Marie Photography | (Above Right) Vintage China Cup Wedding Cake Topper ft. by Wedding Chicks | Styled by: Hawaiian Cakesations | Shot by: Karma Hill Photography
- Use an old tea cup as a cake topper - Fill old tea cups with flowers and use it as a cake topper - KC Classic Cakes, USA
- Antique brooches make great cake decor - Use an antique brooch as an accent - Lepetit Four, South Africa
Nursing a Raging Vintage Appetite?
Wedding cake fairies tell us that peonies are so hot right now and they look great when paired with vintage trimmings! Take a look at these 17 Pretty Peony Wedding Cakes that look more than good enough to eat! And if you’re planning a vintage themed wedding and have yet to get your hands on our free Wedding Magazine & Bridal Guide – The Vintage Edition, fill out the pretty box below to get our very vintage inspiration sent your way pronto!